Espresso Meringue TorteUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
La Dolce Vita
Method (pre- heat oven 170c)
- Draw 3 x 20cm circles on baking paper and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, adding the sugar a little at a time, and beating well after each addition.
- Using a metal spoon, fold through the combined hazelnuts, chocolate and coffee.
- Divide the mixture into three and spread the mixture onto the baking paper inside the circles on the baking paper.
- Place each circle onto a baking tray and bake in the pre-heated oven 170c for 40 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Beat the Bulla Thickened Cream together with the espresso coffee and icing sugar until stiff.
- Place round rough side up and pipe over a layer of cream making rosettes on the outer edge. Repeat with the meringue rounds.
- Pipe rosettes around the outer edge of the torte surface and decorate with melted chocolate and chocolate coffee beans.
Serve with Warm Coffee Fudge sauce (combining the choc fudge and espresso and simmering 3-4 minutes stirring)
- 6 egg whites
- 200g castor sugarSugar
- 150g hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 125g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly ground coffee
- 1 litre Bulla Thickened Cream
- 3 tsp espresso coffee, cold
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Chocolate coated coffee beans for garnish
- 100g melted chocolate for garnish
Warm Coffee Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup choc fudge topping
- ¼ cup espresso coffee
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Berries or cherries may be used as a delicious alternative.