Chicken and Leek PieUpdated: 21 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Method (Pre-heat oven 200c)
- Heat the Oil in a large frying pan or saucepan and sauté the leeks and garlic 4-5 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and brown the chicken and bacon well 4-5 minutes.
- Return the leeks to the pan and add the thyme, white wine and carrot simmer uncovered for 20 minutes over a low heat.
- Stir in the Bulla Thick Cream and parsley and season to taste with salt & pepper. Cool.
- Spoon the creamy chicken mix into 1 cup oven proof dishes and cover with rounds of puff pastry, crimp the edges to seal and brush the surface with the combined egg & water .
- Make a small air vent in the top of the pie’s and decorate the surface with leftover pastry if required.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven 200c for 20 minutes until golden.
Serve hot with steamed vegetable or salad.
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed & sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g chicken thigh meat, cubed
- 100g thick bacon, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 300ml Bulla Thickened Cream
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to your taste
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg
¼ cup water
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Use crushed steamed potatoes as an alternative to Pastry for a delicious difference.
Replace chicken with thick white fleshed fish or Cod.
Pies may be frozen before cooking for up to 3 months in an airtight container or double freezer bag.