Bon-BonsUpdated: 21 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
They're so good we named them twice
Method ( pre-heat oven 190c)
- Brush 1 sheet of filo with the melted butter and cover with another, brush with butter and top another sheet of filo. Cover and set aside repeat with remaining filo pastry.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 12 equal pieces cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
- Blend together the Bulla Cottage Cheese and sage.
- Place a piece of prosciutto onto each prepared piece of filo and top with a spoon of cottage cheese. Roll to enclose and twist ends to seal. Tie ends with chives and place on a baking tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, cottage cheese and prosciutto.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven 190c for 12 minutes until pale golden.
- Serve hot with sweet capsicum dipping sauce.
Capsicum Dipping Sauce
- Cut Capsicum into small pieces and place into a small saucepan with the sugar and balsamic vinegar and simmer over a low heat 10 minutes, allow to cool, then blend until smooth use as required.
Ingredients (makes 36)
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 x 350g Bulla Original Cottage Cheese
- 6 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 12 slices prosciutto, halved
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 red capsicum, peeled & seeded
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
These tiny treats may be prepared ahead of time and frozen prior to cooking for up to 3 months.