Chicken & Vegetable PastaUpdated: 21 June 2012 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Week day family winner.
Method (Stove top - cooking time 15 mins)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta as per pack instructions.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sauté garlic 1 minute.
- Add chicken to the pan and brown well. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, capsicum and mushrooms to the pan and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, fresh herbs, pesto and Bulla Cooking Cream mix well to combine.
- Simmer stirring gently until sauce boils and thickens. Fold through the drained pasta.
- Toss through the rocket leaves and serve immediately.
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 500g fresh pasta
- 300g chicken fillets, sliced
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 spanish onion, sliced
- 1 red & yellow capsicum, chunky cut
- 100g mushrooms (swiss brown or portabello)
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (finely chopped)
- 1 x 140g jar tomato pesto
- 40g tomato paste
- 600ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- 50g fresh rocket leaves to serve
Chicken may be replaced with salmon, bacon or prawns.