Orange Crème CaramelUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
This will have them lining up
Method ( pre-heat oven 180c)
- Dissolve the sugar and orange juice over a low heat in a large saucepan stirring constantly until liquid boils. Reduce heat and simmer until a golden toffee is formed. Reserve toffee for garnish.
- Pour a little of the hot toffee into the base of 6 X 200ml ramekins.
- Whisk together the Bulla Cooking Cream, eggs, castor sugar and citrus zest and juice until well combined.
- Pour citrus cream mixture over the cooled toffee approx 7/8s full.
- Place the ramekins into a baking dish filled 2/3 full with hot tap water and bake into the pre-heated oven 160c for 45- 50 minutes until set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the refrigerator until cold.
- Slice the orange thinly and place the slices into the toffee with 2 tblsp water heat slowly over low heat until orange slices are clear.
- Place the Orange Crème Caramels onto individual serving plates, garnish with toffee oranges and serve.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 600ml Cooking Cream
- 100g castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- Zest & juice of 2 oranges
- 300ml orange juice (additional)
- 1 cup castor sugar (additional)
- 1 orange, sliced
Toffee orange slices may be prepared up to 24 prior to serving. Store in an airtight container refrigerated.