Citrus TartUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
A little tart
Method (cooking time 1hr 20mins)
- Place the cubed butter, flour and sugar into the work bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and iced water to the work bowl and process until dough comes together in a soft ball. Press dough together into a ball and wrap in plastic, refrigerate 20 mins.
- Roll dough out to fit a 24cm loose based flan tin, trim and place apiece of baking paper into the centre of the pastry.
- Fill the centre with baking beans, lentils or pasta. Bake in the pre-heated oven 180c for 12 minutes. Remove baking beans and cool on a wire rack
- Place the Bulla cooking cream, sugar and lemon curd into a saucepan and heat stirring constantly over a low heat until sugar and curd has dissolved.
- Whisk in the citrus zest, juice and eggs.
- Pour the prepared citrus cream into the cooled pastry base and bake in the pre-heated oven 180c for 50 minutes until filling is set.
- Whilst the tart is cooking slice the oranges and lemons thinly.
- Place the orange and lemon slices into a small frying pan with the sugar and heat over a low heat until sugar is dissolved , then simmer 10 minutes until slices look clear and shiny.
- Remove tart from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish the tart with the glace citrus slices and serve with a dollop of Bulla Cream.
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 600ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- 100g castor sugar
- 300g lemon curd
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 200g butter, cubed
- 400g plain flour
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp iced water
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 150g castor sugar
This tart will keep refrigerated for up to 7 days. Lemon and orange slices maybe made up to 7 days prior to using as garnish.