Triple Choc TartsUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Oh the temptation.
Method (Stove top, Oven pre-heat 170c)
- Place the plain flour, icing sugar and cocoa into the work bowl of a food processor and process to combine.
- Add the cubed butter and crème fraiche to the food processor and process until well combined.
- Add cold water to the mixture one tablespoon at a time until dough comes together in a ball.
- Remove dough and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out between two sheets of floured baking paper 2-3 mm thickness.
- Line the base and sides of a 30cm x15cm rectangles loose-based flan tin.
- Bake Pastry blind in the pre-heated oven 170c for 10 minutes. Remove and cool pastry on a wire rack.
- Place the Bulla Crème Fraiche, dark chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and microwave on 50% power for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir after each minute until mixture is thick and glossy. Cool.
- Whisk in the beaten eggs and pour mixture into the pastry case and bake in the pre-heated oven 170c for 40 minutes until mixture is set.
- Cool tart on a wire rack.
- Melt together the Crème Fraîche; chocolate and cream in a small bowl in the microwave 50% power for 2 -3 minutes. Stirring after each minute until smooth and glossy.
- Pour topping over the tart and allow to cool completely.
- Decorate tart with swirls of white chocolate or dust with icing sugar.
Serve in sliced with a dollop of Crème Fraiche and fresh strawberries.
- 185g Plain Flour
- 50g icing sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 125g butter, cubed
- 100g Bulla Crème Fraiche
- 2 – 3 tblsp cold water
Pastry maybe made well ahead of time and refrigerated prior to use.
Baking Blind: Par Baking pastry, line pastry loosely with baking paper and weigh down with baking beans or rice. Remove to cool before filling.
Topping maybe made with white or dark chocolate or both and used together to make a decorative pattern.