Caramel and Ginger Self-Saucing PuddingUpdated: 9 April 2014 | Author: Bulla Dairy Foods
Turn your taste buds upside down.
Method (Pre-heat oven 170c)
- Grease and base line 6 x 1-cup pudding moulds.
- Sift flour and ginger into a large bowl.
- Melt together the sugars, butter, Bulla Crème Fraiche and milk over a low heat until well combined.
- Stir in the golden syrup and bicarb soda.
- Pour mixture into the flour and mix to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the chopped ginger.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared moulds ¾ full.
- Spoon 2 Tblsp of caramel sauce over the batter and cover with baking paper and secure with kitchen string.
- Place into a deep baking dish ½ full of hot tap water. Place in the pre-heated oven 170c and bake 45 minutes until cooked when tested.
- When cooked cool 5 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate, spoon over a little extra warm sauce and ginger. Serve with a swirl of Crème Fraîche.
- Melt together the brown sugar, butter and Crème Fraiche stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the Crystallised ginger, ground ginger and simmer slowly until sauce is golden and thick.
- Use as required.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 60g butter
- 100g Bulla Crème Fraiche
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tblsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 50g crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- Caramel sauce
- 120g brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 100g Crème Fraiche
- 100g crystallised ginger, sliced
- ¼ tsp ground ginger powder
Bulla Crème Fraiche to serve
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
This pudding is also delicious made with Pumpkin and Pecans or Banana and Date.
Caramel sauce maybe stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.